Coinbase deposit methods are similar to funding any type of digital account on the blockchain. However, if you just got a Coinbase account, then it might be unfamiliar territory.
This crypto exchange has become very popular among the crypto community because of its ease of use and high liquidity.
In addition, Coinbase also supports over 100 cryptocurrencies and is available in most countries around the world. Buying Bitcoin on Coinbase is also effortless, and the platform is primarily for digital trading currencies.
The platform has also introduced a Coinbase card for US users. It is a prepaid Visa debit card through which you can send and receive crypto and use it for cashing at ATMs and so on. You can also earn free Bitcoin on this platform through the Coinbase referral program.
However, you might need to fund your Coinbase with fiat currency such as USD or GBP at some point. Therefore, with this Coinbase deposit guide, you will learn how you can transfer fiat currency into your Coinbase account so you can start trading and investing on the platform. For a more thorough overview of the entire Coinbase platform, feel free to check out our full Coinbase review.
How To Transfer Money To Coinbase
Coinbase has several options for you to transfer money to your account, which is similar to sending a paycheck. If you are in the US, you can fund your Coinbase wallet with fiat currency through bank-wire transfer and ACH bank transfer.
Note: Before you can start funding your Coinbase account, you are required to verify your bank account, usually a checking account. Bank account verification on Coinbase varies slightly for US users and those outside of it, so you can check out this link on the Coinbase blog for details.
How to transfer money to your Coinbase account through bank account transfer and wire transfer.
- From a browser of choice, access Coinbase and log in to your Coinbase account using the credentials you used to create it.
- After you log in, look for the “Trade” section at the bottom left corner to access the trading screen, which should look like the one below.
- Select “Deposit” under the Wallet Balance tab, and a new dialogue box with the “Currency type” will pop up. Here you need to choose your preferred digital currency from the list; the most preferred is USD.
- In the next step, select “Bank Account” or “Wire Transfer,” depending on which payment methods you want. If your bank account is already verified on the platform, go ahead and choose your bank name under the “From” tab, or else you will be directed to another page to complete the verification, so follow the instructions on the screen.
- For wire transfers on Coinbase, you just have to follow the instructions closely.
- The last step is to enter the amount of USD you want to transfer to your account and click on “Deposit USD” to wrap up the transaction.
Coinbase usually makes the deposit funds available in your account as soon as you complete the transaction. However, third-party financial services of this crypto trading platform can sometimes cause a delay depending on your geographical location.
But generally, the Coinbase deposit time can look like this:
- For US customers, deposits through USD wallets and debit cards are instant, while deposits through ACH transfer can take 3 to 5 business days. In the rarest of cases, ACH transfer can take up to a few weeks to complete.
- Customers from European countries normally fund their Coinbase account through SEPA transfer, which can take 2 to 3 business days for the transaction to complete. On the other hand, Coinbase deposits through debit cards are instant for European countries.
- Australian and Canadian customers usually complete payments through debit cards, which are instantly reflected in the Coinbase account.
- Coinbase users from the UK, who make a direct deposit through debit cards, will see their purchases instantly, but bank transfers can vary from the same day to the next business day.
How To Fund Your Coinbase Account
There are several options to fund your Coinbase account, bank account, ACH, Fedwire, SWIFT, Silvergate Exchange Network for international wires. Currently, this platform does not have PayPal account transfers, Omnibus wires, credit cards, or debit cards for exchange accounts.
Before you can fund your Coinbase account, you need to verify your bank account on the buying page. The quickest way to complete the verification process is to make a minimum deposit of $50 in your USD Exchange wallet, which will instantly show your account as verified.
How to fund your Coinbase account through Fedwire and SWIFT international wires.
SWIFT international wires are exclusive for non-EU and non-US Coinbase users. The bank accounts must be non-US SWIFT enabled, which you can request through the W8 form available on the Coinbase app and official site, and it’s a mandatory requirement if you are located outside the US.
- From a browser of choice or the mobile app on your iOS or Android smartphone, open Coinbase Exchange and sign in with your credentials.
- Next, locate the “Portfolio” and check for the “Deposit” tab on the right of the screen and click on it.
- From the list of currencies, select USD and choose your preferred payment method. If you are depositing Fedwire, choose “Wire Transfer,” and for SWIFT deposits, choose “International Wire Transfer.”
- To complete the deposit/purchase, simply follow the instructions on the screen. A reference code is made available for deposits through Fedwire and SWIFT, which you need to input carefully. This is important so that your Exchange Account will receive the deposited amount.
How to fund your Coinbase through ACH bank transfer
- To fund your Coinbase through an ACH bank transfer, you need to first verify your bank account with the platform.
- Next, open the trading view of the Coinbase Exchange from a browser or Coinbase app on your iPhone.
- Locate the “Trade” tab at the bottom left corner, and it will open the “Wallet Balance” page.
- Select the “Deposit” option and select USD from the list of “Currency Types.”
- When you choose the “Bank Account” in the next tab, your bank’s name will be available if you have already verified your account. Otherwise, you need to complete the verification first.
- Choose “Wire Transfer” on the next screen, enter the USD amount you want to fund in your Coinbase account, and click “Deposit USD” to wrap up the transaction.
Fees and limits for Coinbase deposits
Coinbase fees, deposit, and withdrawal limits on your account vary depending on the payment method you choose.
- Deposits through SWIFT international wires – $25
- Fedwire deposits – $10
- Silvergate Exchange Network deposits – Free
- ACH bank transfer deposits – Free
- Your preferred payment method to fund your Coinbase also decides your deposit limits, and Coinbase allows you to make unlimited deposits for crypto exchanges.
- Fiat currency deposit through ACH transfer and SEPA transfer – Unlimited (However, it should fall within your weekly transfer limit)
- Deposit through wire transfers – Unlimited and is not limited by your weekly transfer limit
Coinbase Deposit FAQs
How to transfer from Binance to Coinbase?
Another good thing about Coinbase is that you can transfer funds from one crypto platform to another. Coinbase and Binance are the top picks for crypto trading with several pairs, so there are frequent transfers of funds between the two.
Assuming that you have an account on Binance or Coinbase or both, here are the steps to transfer from Binance to Coinbase.
Step 1 – Generate the wallet address from Coinbase
- Log in to your Coinbase account, locate the “Send/Receive” tab, and choose “Receive.”
- Next, choose the cryptocurrency you want to receive; this can be Bitcoin, ETH, or any other currency. However, note that Coinbase does not support BEP20, BEP2, which is Binance chain’s native.
- When you choose your preferred crypto, Coinbase will generate a unique wallet address that cannot be used for any other asset on the blockchain. Copy this address to a document or a safe location.
- If you are a Binance user transferring assets to a Coinbase user, ask the payee to generate and share this wallet address with you.
Step 2: Access your Binance account.
- Log in to your Binance account using the credentials
- Next, locate your Binance wallet and select “Fiat and Spot,” choose the “Withdraw” option, and make sure that it is the same crypto that you chose on Coinbase. If you choose BTC on Coinbase, it should be the same on Binance, vice versa, or else you risk losing your digital assets permanently.
- Now copy the wallet address from Coinbase and paste it into the address bar on Binance.
- Next, choose the crypto withdrawal amount and complete the 2FA as directed.
- Click submit, and you have successfully transferred funds from Binance to Coinbase.
How to transfer from Crypto.com to Coinbase?
Steps to transfer funds from Crypto.com to Coinbase
- Access your Coinbase account and choose the “Receive” option
- Next, select the desired crypto to generate the wallet address
- Log in to Crypto.com and locate “Transfer” followed by “Withdraw”
- Choose the same crypto as you did in Coinbase and choose “External Wallet.”
- Tap on the (+) icon and then “Wallet Address” and copy the Coinbase wallet address here
- Crypto.com will send you an email to confirm the withdrawal address, so go ahead and complete it.
- Return to Crypto.com and choose “Withdraw,” and enter the desired crypto amount
- Click “Confirm” to complete the transaction.