BitMEX is the largest peer-to-peer crypto derivatives trading platform in the world. Founded in 2014 by Arthur Hayes, Ben Delo, and Samuel Reed, the exchange enables traders to buy and sell perpetual futures on a wide array of crypto assets.
BitMEX is the one-stop-shop platform for Bitcoin loyalists after the company introduced the perpetual leverage swap contracts on Bitcoin. This feature pushed the company into becoming the highest volume Bitcoin exchange globally.
The exchange is a boon for experienced and professional traders who wish to execute their crypto-derivatives trading strategies for higher returns. However, despite the company’s sophisticated trading tools and products, BitMEX has come under a lot of controversies lately.
Currently, BitMEX is not available to US customers and was hit by a $100 million fine for violating the Bank Secrecy Act and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network regulations in the US. However, its margin trading feature and leverage system still continue to be in high demand among professional traders.
How To Register On BitMEX
Creating a BitMEX account is easy and takes only a few minutes. If you are not from a country where BitMEX is banned, then register with BitMEX right away and start trading!
- Go to https://www.bitmex.com/ and click on “Register” on the top right side of the navigation bar.
- Enter your E-mail address and a password and click “Register .”A puzzle will pop up to make sure that you are not a robot. Complete the puzzle and click “Submit.”
- A verification mail will be sent to your E-mail. Click on “Confirm your E-mail“
- You will then be directed to the BitMEX login page, where you’ll have to enter your E-mail, password, and a Two-Factor Token (if enabled).
- Next is the verification process. Once you have verified your account, you can start making deposits into your BitMEX account and begin trading.
What Problems Can You Face When Signing Up To BitMEX?
It may be difficult sometimes to create a BitMEX account because the following reasons:
- The website may be under maintenance, so the webpage may not open.
- When the cryptocurrencies’ trading volume is at its highest, BitMEX halts new registrations so that the existing users can use the site without any issues.
- You may be logging in from a restricted web browser, or your browser is outdated. Try to use a different web browser if you can’t access the BitMEX official website.
- If you are logging in from a country where BitMEX is banned, then you may not be able to register an account. Countries like the United States, Cuba, North Korea, Syria are currently banned from using the BitMEX margin trading platform.
The BitMEX customer support is always available and quick to respond to any queries you may have.
Does BitMEX Offer A Sign-Up Bonus?
Yes, apart from the BitMEX referral code, BitMEX also offers a signup bonus to all its new customers. The BitMEX sign-up bonus is regularly updated/ changed to attract new customers, but there is always something for you when you become a part of the BitMEX global trading platform.
There is a Welcome Offer for new customers which includes offers and bonuses such as:
- Users can sign up and subscribe to EARN to get BMEX tokens as rewards. For example, by subscribing to 500+USDT, users can earn 5 BMEX tokens as rewards, 15 BMEX tokens for 1000+USDT, and 40 BMEX tokens for 2000+USDT.
However, this offer is only applicable to those users who have completed their KYC process and verified their accounts.
- Existing users can also earn through referrals (read more about this in our BitMEX affiliate program review). If you are an existing user and refer 3 of your friends to register, complete KYC and subscribe at least 500 USDT to EARN, then you can get 15 BMEX tokens for free.
- Another reward that BitMEX offers its customers is based on their trading volume. Users who trade higher volumes are airdropped BMEX tokens equivalent to up to 25% of their monthly trading fees per month.
How To Sign Up For BitMEX In The US?
US customers can become part of the BitMEX platform through the use of Virtual Private Network (VPN) services. VPNs work to hide your US IP address and route your traffic through its server located in another country.
Here is what you can do to sign up:
- Install or download a VPN provider such as PureVPN or NordVPN to your device. These VPNs can be accessed even through phones or devices such as an iPad and are compatible with iOS and Android.
- Activate the VPN in your browser and go to the official BitMEX website and register an account.
The registration process is the same for all users worldwide.
The laws of the Commodities Futures Trading Commission and the strict FinCEN assessment in the US make it impossible for US users to freely use BitMEX exchange. It also operates as an unregistered Futures Commission Merchant, without any internal controls, thus failing to comply with the country’s laws.
The platform came under scrutiny for its failure to comply with the AML program and KYC that helps in checking money laundering activities in the platform. However, currently, it is mandatory for users to complete KYC.
Is BitMEX Safe?
Yes, it is. In fact, BitMEX presents suspicious activity reports to its users if it notices anything odd. There is also a two-step authorization process like the 2FA during registration to safeguard your account better.
BitMEX Registration FAQs
Install a VPN provider to your browser or mobile device.
Activate the VPN
Go to the BitMEX official website and register an account.
BitMEX cryptocurrency exchange offers traders a range of market futures such as commodity futures, short positions, and the initial margin fees are minimal. Users can use future contract options to become active market participants in the crypto industry.
One interesting feature about BitMEX is that it has a standard BitMEX fee for all products to simplify the process. There is also a BitMEX Test Net feature for traders who want to take some risks in the crypto exchange.
You can easily register a BitMEX account using an active Gmail account and become part of the largest crypto trading platform.